Friday, April 17, 2009

"What Would You Do?"


I now start the posting of some poems that I have written.  
This one was written back in high school....not some of my finest moments but learning points nevertheless.

"What do you do when someone breaks your broken heart? 
Do you even bother picking up the pieces? 
Or do you just leave them apart? 
After all, it’s just gonna break again, right?

What do you do when all your hopes come crashing down? 
Do you hope for a miracle? 
Or do you just stare at the wreckage aimlessly? 
After all, you expected it, right?

What do you do when someone lets you down? 
Or someone pushes you and you fall? 
Do you even bother getting up? 
Or do you just lay still, knowing you’re gonna fall again anyway?

What do you do when shadows fill your life? 
Do you even bother finding light? 
Or do you just shiver in that lonesome cold,
Knowing that searching is futile and unwise?

What do you do with your life when nothing could get worse? 
When there are no more dreams, no more hopes, no more light? 
Do you still struggle and try to rise above your fate? 
Or just let it take you and surrender to the mighty wave?

What do you do when nothing seems to matter? 
When you don’t matter anymore? 
Do you wallow in self pity and doubt? 
Do you curse and rant and wreak havoc about?

What do you do when there are no longer happy endings, 
And all that is left is misery and remorse? 
Do you still wish to live and die trying? 
Or do you just want to die?

What do you do when there’s nothing left for you, 
And you are an aimless ghost flitting through eternities of sorrow,
Forever made to suffer and mourn and grieve for a life 
So empty and without reprieve?

What do you do? 
How do you cope? 
What would you do… 
...if you were me…?

..........
..........
..........

I would still hope, even when rationality, in my mind, 
Goes hand in hand with insanity. 
Because hope is as real as the hopelessness 
And light will never shine without darkness. 

I would pray because faith keeps me grounded. 
Yes, things could get worse 
But i would still love until my heart were grained to pieces 
As fine as the tear drenched sand. 
For a single grain of sand is all it takes 
For a pearl to emerge from the ocean’s hand. 

I would stand up, 
I would search, 
I would struggle, 
For dreams,
For light, 
For hope, 
For at least an end to an unrelenting misery.

I would do anything but surrender…"

No comments:

Post a Comment