Friday, April 17, 2009

A Real Life Fairytale In Three Parts



"An Allusion of Hope"
[a real life fairytale in three parts]

I.
"I am ready to embark on this adventure entitled Hope.
Along the way, I look forward to falling asleep
In the passenger seat while you drive towards tomorrow.
I trust you to lead us safely to where our crossed paths will end
And we can continue on hand in hand
Over the rainbow and straight on till morning.
And when I click my heels together three times
You are there, holding my hand.
And when I pinch myself to wake from this dream,
It hurts really bad because I am not dreaming at all.
And you are there, laughing at me because you think it's cute when I act like this,
But then you kiss my arm where I pinched myself because it really did hurt."


II.
"As we travel along on this journey called Hope,
We'll sing along to the songs with the lyrics that now have real meaning.
And passers-by will look and laugh
But our worlds will be captive in the space of our minds
Where we are dancing, chest to chest,
Surrounded by others but only aware of the spotlighted ring that makes up our embrace.
And we one, two, three step to the music until the clock strikes twelve
And the gong of the clock tower brings us back to the twists and the turns of the 
road we are driving down."


III.
"As Hope presses on, I dwell on a dream that I've dreamt for so long
That has had my heart wishing for a reality that reaches far beyond any fairytale.
Your kiss has not only sparked my senses but has opened my eyes and rescued me from
My thoughts that have kept me from stirring from this unwanted slumber.
Now I rest in your arms and enjoy the ride through this whole new world that you 
are showing me;
One where the colors are brighter,
The smells are sweeter,
And the petals of a rose never leave their stem no matter how much time passes.
Because days no longer have meaning
Since our tale is as old as time
And knowing you has given me Hope
For a happy ending, with a firework-lit,
Star-studded scan up to the night sky."



2 comments:

  1. I think it could use a little trimming down, but overall it is very solid. I really enjoyed the intertwined allusions. I also think that referring to hope as an adventure, road or journey is an excellent metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean exactly when you say trimming down?

    ReplyDelete